The Adopt-A-Family Program is a two year program that provides safe housing and guidance to homeless families in Tarrant County while helping them stabilize their lives and improve their education and job skills. A case manager works one on one with each family to formulate a plan leading to self sufficiency. The case manager assesses needs, strengths and areas requiring special support. Ultimately, the families who graduate from the Adopt-A-Family program become independent and self-sufficient.
Are you in Crisis?
- Have you ever had difficulty maintaining housing for you and your children?
- Have you ever lived at a local homeless shelter?
- Do you have a desire to change your situation and want to become self-sufficient?
- Do you want to learn how to budget your money and get out of debt?
- Would you consider going to school or getting additional training to improve your job opportunities and financial situation?
- Would you participate in life skills training and other activities to improve your family’s life?
How we can help:
- Safe and Stable Housing
- Budget Counseling
- Credit Clean Up
- Employment/Educational Assessment
- Adult Literacy/GED
- Family Goal Setting
- Job Club
- Food Assistance
- Resource Referral (counseling, parenting)
- 18 or older
- Homeless in Tarrant County with priority given to those living in emergency shelters
- Employed at least part-time
- Have access to transportation or own a car
- No outstanding warrants. All tickets must be paid or on a payment plan
- Registered for Section 8 housing
- Have at least one child under the age of 16
- Alcohol and/or drug-free for 12 months or 6 months after completing a qualified drug treatment program
Arlington - 817-860-1836
Fort Worth - 817-344-1800