Senior Network provides a healthy, fun environment and social network for adults 62 and older. With the goals of reducing social isolation and prolonging senior independence this ministry meets each Wednesday from 9:30 AM to 12:00 PM for devotionals, games, exercise, senior pertinent speakers, day trips and service projects.
Senior Network has a simple but effective approach to fulfill its goals. The ministry design focuses on five basic developmental principals:
- Spiritual Development-using teaching, prayer and open dialogue seniors are encouraged and challenged to develop a meaningful spiritual life-style.
- Physical Development-each week a certified instructor leads seniors through a 30 minute session of low-impact, stretching exercises. When weather permits Senior Network meets at a local city park for games, a cook out and fresh air.
- Relational Development-through the use of games involving all in attendance, service projects, specific topic discussions and frequency of meetings seniors have developed friendships that go beyond Senior Network meetings. They have learned to trust, and depend on each other for healthy social interaction.
- Educational Development-time is also designed into the agendas for outside speakers to educate on topics like Medicare/Medicaid, home safety, nutritional issues, avoiding scams, wills, etc.
- Joy or Fun Development-this element is designed into all the others. Whether developing the spirit, body, mind or relationships the element of joy is incorporated into the plan. This component of the formula is the glue that holds all the rest together. Seniors who have been with us from the beginning tell us over and over that the joy Senior Network has brought back into their life has renewed hope and given them reason to get out and be engaged in life again.
To learn more about or become a part of Senior Network, please call 817-281-1164 or email